Print Page | Sign In | Join
Frequently Asked Questions
Share |

How many members does the HCBA have?

We are 4,000 members strong with membership consisting of lawyers, judges and legal professionals in Hillsborough County.


How do I join a section or committee?

To become a member of a section or committee follow these steps:

1. Log-in to the site.
2. Go to the 'Sections and Committees' page under the 'For Attorneys' tab.
3. Click on the section or committee you wish to join.
4. Click 'Join Group' at the top of the page.


How do I become a section chair?

Section chairs are chosen by the HCBA president each year. You may contact the president and make your request.


How do I run for a Board of Directors position?

Nominations for the HCBA Board of Directors will be accepted until April 10 of every year. At that time, the nominees are added to the official ballot and will be voted on by the members in the next election taking place in May. Please contact John Kynes at for more information.


Do you offer advertising or sponsorships for law-related businesses?

Yes, there are numerous opportunities to sponsor an event or advertise with us.
View our sponsorship and advertising information.

Do I have to be an attorney to become a member?

No, we offer an “affiliate” membership for non-attorneys. Affiliate members are afforded the same member benefits with the exception of voting rights. Sign up as an affiliate member.

I am not receiving HCBA promotional emails or the Lawyer Magazine. What should I do?

If you are not receiving our e-newsletters, emails, or the Lawyer magazine, please review the information in your profile on this website to ensure we have your correct email and physical addresses. If your information is correct but you are not receiving communications, please call (813) 221-7777.


How do I report my CLE credits?

To report your CLE credits, visit the Florida Bar website.


How can I find a qualified lawyer to handle my legal problem?

Our Lawyer Referral & Information Service can connect you with a qualified lawyer in Hillsborough County. To be referred to a lawyer, please visit the HCBA LRIS page.


How do I file a complaint against a lawyer?

To file a complaint against a lawyer in Hillsborough County, please call (813) 875-9821.
For more information about attorney discipline, visit the Florida Bar website.


Do you rent space in your building?

Yes, we have several rooms of varying sizes to accommodate your event. Find out more about meeting and event rental space.