STAY CONNECTED. LOOK FORWARD.
NEW MEMBERS: Click here to join the HCBA today.
RETURNING MEMBERS: Click here to renew your membership.
Membership in the Hillsborough County Bar Association affords numerous opportunities for HCBA members to stay connected to the local legal community and to further their practice. Our Bar year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30 of the following year.
We invite you to join our legacy and become an HCBA member today!
Note: Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the HCBA has pushed back its traditional membership deadline for members to pay their dues from June 30 to July 31, 2020.
The HCBA is now offering a 5% discount on membership dues for attorneys who renew by the July 31 deadline by using the Promo Code: COVID19.
For members who are unable to pay the full dues amount by the July 31 deadline, the HCBA is offering members the opportunity to make installment payments during the Bar year. For more information about the new payment options, click here.
Attorneys who join the HCBA or renew their dues by the July 31 deadline will be eligible for a free 1.0 credit CLE luncheon or a 1.0 credit CLE MP3 download/CD during the Bar year
MEMBERSHIP DUES CLASSIFICATIONS:
• Regular Members: $245. Individuals with a law degree or a member in good standing with Florida Bar.
• Affiliate Members: $320. Non-attorneys with a relationship to the HCBA, and employed in Hillsborough County. Please call 813-221-7777 to join as an Affiliate Member.
• Government & Active Military: $110. Attorneys employed by local, state, or federal government offices.
• Student Members: $25. Law students or graduates who have not yet taken the Florida Bar exam. Proof of law school enrollment may be required before approval of application.
• Honorary Members: Complimentary. Lawyers over age 70 who have been members of the HCBA for 25 years or more.
• Judges & General Magistrates: Complimentary. Acting judges or judges that have not returned to active practice.
• Paralegal Members: $75. Paralegals with certification, schooling or equivalent experience and currently employed as a Paralegal.
• Law Firm Administrator: $75. Employed with a law firm as an Administrator.
Note: Additional dues apply to be a member of the following sections (you will have the opportunity to join these sections as part of your online application process):
• Trial & Litigation Section: $25
• Marital & Family Law Section: $25
Some valuable benefits of being an HCBA member include:
• Discounts on Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars throughout the year
• A free subscription to the Lawyer magazine – published six (6) times a year
• Interactive forums and networking opportunities at the annual Bench Bar Conference & Judicial Reception
• Four (4) free membership luncheons/receptions with outstanding speakers, and five (5) other free membership events during the Bar year
• Practice area education and networking opportunities through the HCBA’s more than 30 sections and committees
• New client referrals through the HCBA’s Lawyer Referral & Information Service
• Opportunities to participate in HCBA community service and outreach projects
• Discounted room rentals at the Chester H. Ferguson Law Center
Note: Dues payments to the HCBA are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for Federal Income Tax purposes. They may be deductible as an ordinary business expense under the provisions of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to the HCBA Foundation are tax deductible.